One Number Service for Apple Watch
Dialog ONE NUMBER service for Apple Watch extends the connection from your iPhone to your Apple Watch, enabling you to make and receive calls and connect to the internet from your Apple Watch (Cellular) without needing an iPhone nearby.
- Your Watch will have the same number as your mobile connection
- Make/receive calls by connecting to the mobile network or Wi-Fi
- Both Phone & Watch will ring simultaneously when a call is received
- Send/receive iMessages (will not be able to send/receive SMS )
- Calls and data usage will be charged to your mobile connection
Set up cellular on your Apple Watch
An Apple Watch with cellular automatically switches to the most power efficient wireless available. When in close proximity it can connect to an iPhone, a Wi-Fi network or cellular. When the Watch connects to cellular it uses a LTE/3G network.
Customer can check the signal strength from Control Center or the Explorer watch face. To open Control Center, touch and hold the bottom of the screen, then swipe up.
The cellular button turns green when it has discovered a connection.
The cellular button turns white when the cellular plan is active (Watch is connected to the iPhone using Bluetooth of Wi-Fi)
Since the pairing requires the same carrier, the same number as in the phone will simply be assigned to the cellular plan in the Watch. Therefore, use the same number as on the phone for cellular setup in the Dialog system portal.
Pair the Watch with your iPhone.
Select “Mobile Data” on your iPhone’s “Watch app”
Select ‘Set up Mobile Data’
Your Dialog mobile number will be automatically added to the portal
Insert the NIC or the passport number of the connection and select Login
Provide a “Nickname” for the device and tap ‘Terms & Conditions’, select “OK” and then “PROCEED”
You will receive the confirmation via SMS for the service request & activation
Next time you visit settings, you will see your Watch profile
Requirements to activate the service
- Any Prepaid or Postpaid connection with VoLTE service is eligible to activate the service
- Connections under individual ownership needs to enter the NIC or Passport number
- Connections under corporate ownership need to enter the NIC of the current user
- If the current user’s details are not updated with Dialog, this needs to be updated via the account manager to be able to activate the service.
- Phone Models - iPhone 6s or newer models using iOS 15.1 or newer Operating System
- Watch Models - Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models with WatchOS 8.0 or newer Operating System
- Watch model should be GPS + Cellular Series 3 and above global versions (Europe and Asia Pacific) , do not support US region models.
|Watch Series||Compatible model Global versions
- Europe and Asia Pacific
- US region models
|Apple Watch Series 8||Model A2773 (41mm)||Model A2772 (41mm)|
|Model A2775 (45mm)||Model A2774 (45mm)|
|Apple Watch Series 7||Model A2476 (41mm)||Model A2475 (41mm)|
|Model A2478(45mm)||Model A2477(45mm)|
|Apple Watch Series 6||Model A2375 (40mm)||Model A2353 (40mm)|
|Model A2376 (44mm)||Model A2354 (44mm)|
|Apple Watch SE||Model A2355 (40mm)||Model A2353 (40mm)|
|Model A2356 (44mm)||Model A2354 (44mm)|
|Model A2725 (40mm)||Model A2726 (40mm)|
|Model A2724 (44mm)||Model A2727 (44mm)|
|Apple Watch Ultra||Model A2684 (49mm)||Model A2622 (49mm)|
|Apple Watch 5||Model A2156 (40mm)||Model: A2094(40mm)|
|Model A2157 (44mm)||Model: A2095 (44mm)|
|Apple Watch 4||Model A2007 (40mm)||Model: A1975 (40mm)|
|Model A2008 (44mm)||Model: A1976 (44mm)|
|Apple Watch 3||Model A1889 (38mm)||Model: A1860, A1890 (38mm)|
|Model A1891 (42mm)||Model: A1861, A1892 (42mm)|
Frequently asked questions
Having an Apple Watch GPS + Cellular linked to your iPhone, allows you to make and receive phone calls or send and receive iMessages even if your iPhone is not nearby.
It enables you to share the same Dialog number on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Make calls, use the internet and apps at no extra cost. Your smartphone plan will be shared between smartphone and smartwatch for all usage.
Yes, the Apple Watch needs to be paired to an iPhone to work.
Apple Watch Series 3 and above global versions (Europe/Asia Pacific models) are excluding the US region models.
iPhone paired to the Watch needs to be iPhone 6s or newer with iOS 15.1 or newer. The Watch need to be upgraded to WatchOS 8.0 or a newer operating system