Last updated on: 26 August 2021
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your device or computer. Cookies are used to remember you and collect data of your previous visits to the site. This is automatically collected when you visit a site, allowing the host website to deliver a more personalized experience.
- Understand how you use our website.
- Remember your preferences.
- Promote Dialog products and services that are most relevant to you.
- Deliver relevant advertising pertaining to our products and services.
This enables us to help you find the right products and services by recommending these based on the data we have gathered about you from our cookies.
Data we collect from you with our cookies also allows us to evaluate how our site is being used, which products and services are most popular, and how best to display advertising pertaining to our products and services.
What cookies do we use?
- Essential (first-party cookies) – These cookies are required to provide you with the services you request. For example, they enable you to stop seeing our Dialog advertisement banner when you click close.
- Performance (third-party cookies) – This type of cookie is used to measure and record how often you visit our website and what you do and view, such as products and services. With this data we are able to better understand our customers and users. Ultimately, this allows us to provide you with a better experience and a better service. We also use third-party cookies to improve the performance of your journey and enhance your experience. The Google Analytics cookie provides us with information and data related to your journey between different pages and any various downloads.
- Advertising (third-party cookies) – These cookies collect data about your visit to our website, such as what content you viewed, what links you clicked on, what device you used, etc. This helps us to provide better targeted content and advertisements pertaining to our products and services.
Dialog only collects cookies with minimal personal data, such as only your IP address. We never share data we gather from cookies with any other businesses for marketing purposes.
We always want to help our customers find the right products and services for them, and with cookies we are able to do so. By using data gathered by our cookies, such as your activity on and navigation of our site, we can better understand your preferences and what you want, and tailor our advertising of products and services accordingly.
You can manage and disable cookies in your web browser’s settings if you do not wish to enable the sharing of your data.