FAQs for Value Added Services
Home Broadband Data Loan
1. What is a Data Loan?
2. How do I become eligible for a loan?
3. How can I request for a Data loan?
4. What is the validity period for the Data loan amounts granted?
5. What is the processing fee for the Data loan service?
6. Will the processing fee be deducted from my Data loan?
7. How many Data loan requests can I make at any given time?
8. Is there a maximum number of Data loan requests that I can make for a week/month?
9. How do I check the available balance of my Data loan?
10. If I do not utilize the total Data of my loan do I have to still have to settle the rental?
11. How does the Data loan recovery mechanism work?
Night Time Data Add-on
1. What are the Late Night internet plans?
2. What is the time duration of the "Off-Peak" hours for Broadband?
3. What are the plans in this package?
4. How can this plan be activated?
5. Is there an activation/registration fee?
6. Who is entitled to activate this plan?
7. Do we need to activate this plan every month?
8. Can a postpaid recurrent plan be deactivated?
9. Can I activate multiple add-ons?
10. What is the Data Utilization Priority?
11. Can I check my usage balance?
Postpaid Unlimited Add-on Data Packs
1. What is the Postpaid Unlimited Add-On Offering?
2. How to activate?
3. How to check the expiry date?
4. Can a customer activate other add-on plans while having existing Unlimited plans already activated?
5. Is it possible to remove the speed cap?
6. How can the customer activate the Unrestricted Mode?
7. What is the Data priority for Unlimited packages?
8. What purposes can we use these Unlimited quotas for?
9. If Unrestricted mode is activated, do Unlimited packages not expire till they are deactivated?
10. If the customer already has Unlimited packs with unrestricted mode activated, will any new Unlimited packs activated by the customer also be on unrestricted mode?
11. What Unlimited Packs can the Unrestricted mode (Charged Mode) be activated or deactivated from?
Work & Learn Lite Plan
What is Dialog Home Broadband Work & Learn Lite Packs?
Is there a quota limit for these packs?
Can use this quota for any purpose?
How does the Work & Learn Lite Packs work?
How do I check my Data usage balance?
Can I activate a Work & Learn Lite pack when I have already subscribed to O365 pack?
Can I purchase multiple Work & Learn Lite Packs with different validity?
Are these packs offered for corporate customers as well?
Work & Learn Plus Plan
What is Work and Learn Plus Plan?
What is the purpose of Introducing this Plan?
Is this special pack available for both Postpaid and Per day Home Broadband customers?
When can we access the Data Quota for Work & Learn Plus Pack?
What is meant by “Minimal Distractions from Social Media, Streaming Media and other identifiable applications and services”?
What happens if I access the above applications and services not required for Working & Learning?
Is there a possibility of completely not allowing to use all the applications and services mentioned in the above list from my “Data Quota for Work & Learn Plus Pack”?
If I am a prepaid customer who does not have any other data plan with zero balance in my prepaid account, can I consider it as the excluded applications & services being completely blocked?
When an application or website not listed in the excluded list is accessed there could be a situation where an embedded application could be from the excluded list (E.g.: Study app having Facebook content /authentication). Will I be able to access that?
Can I access YouTube from these Data Plan?
If I have another standard data plan which has a Night Time Bonus Data Quota (12am – 8am) which is not fully utilized, and I access a work / learn related application between 12am-8am what will happen?
If I activate a Time-Based Data Plan and access a work / learn related application what will happen?
How do I activate the Data Plan?
How do I check Data usage?
How do I deactivate this pack?
How does the rental get charged for postpaid customer who activates this pack in the middle of the billing cycle?
Home Talk App
What can I do with the HomeTalk app?
From where can I download the app?
Are outgoing calls (Local or International) free on HomeTalk app?
Do I get charged for data when using the HomeTalk app?
Can I use mobile data or other Wi-Fi connections (Non Dialog Home Broadband) to connect with the HomeTalk app?
If my Dialog Home broadband connection gets permanently disconnected, will my HomeTalk app work?
Can I have more than one HomeTalk apps linked to my Dialog home broadband connection?
Can all my family members have the HomeTalk app installed on their phones?
My HomeTalk App is not functioning properly. What should I do?
What are the Android versions supported by HomeTalk app?
I added a new contact from the app, but I cannot find it now?
Can I obtain detailed records of the calls made through this app in my monthly bill?
How can I temporarily put the app offline from my phone?
What are the possible scenarios that app will not work?
Who is eligible to Purchase HBB Netflix Unlimited add-on packages?
Does the Add-on have a quota limit?
How do I Purchase the New Unlimited Netflix Package?
How does the Unlimited Netflix Package work?
How can I deactivate the Unlimited Netflix Monthly Data Add-on?
Can I purchase Multiple Unlimited Netflix Packages?
Will I be notified when the Unlimited Netflix package reaches its expiry?
Data Add on
Who can use the pre buy option?
What can you activate from pre buy?
Where can you use pre buy?
Can I use pre buy to activate add-ons when the connection is disconnected?
Will the pre buy or gift transactions be shown in my monthly bill?
Can I gift data to anyone?
When I gift data will the receiving party get a message saying that it is from me?
What are the payment options for pre buy and gifting?
Will the pre buy or gifted data shown on the MyDialog app?
Can you do multiple pre buys or gifting?
If I added the add-on to a wrong HBB number, can I get a refund?